DISTRICT M INSIGHTS
The best company initiatives emerging from COVID-19.
A few companies with honorable initiatives are taking steps to help our communities in these hard times.
At district m, we think it’s important to highlight and share the positivity which has resulted from these initiatives.
Decathlon is donating 7000 masks currently available in their canadian warehouse to hospitals and research centres and letting them the liberty to adapt their design to fit the medical field and fight against COVID-19.
- Decathlon has blocked the sale of their Easybreath mask to the public to reserve all stock for use in the healthcare system.
- They are also providing technical support and their patented information to researchers, medical professionals and hospitals who are working to adapt our mask to support their needs.
Ikea is giving away the recipe for its iconic Swedish meatballs
to help people get through their time at home during the coronavirus pandemic
- You don’t need an Allen key to put them together yourself.
- “We know that some people might be missing our meatballs, which is why we’ve released an at-home alternative which, using easily accessible ingredients, will help those looking for some inspiration in the kitchen,” Lorena Lourido, country food manager at Ikea
Spotify lauched Spotify COVID-19 music relief project, which recommends verified organizations that offer financial relief to those in the music community most in need around the world.
- Though streaming continues to play a key role in connecting creators with their fans, numerous other sources of revenue have been interrupted or stopped altogether by this crisis.
- Spotify matches donations made via the Spotify COVID-19 music relief project page dollar-for-dollar up to a total Spotify contribution of $10 million.
- Spotify also works to launch a feature that will enable artists to fundraise directly from fans during this challenging time
Mucinex launched the Spread Facts, Not Fear campaign with McCann Worldgroup to bring attention to fake news around coronavirus as misinformation is spreading almost as fast as the virus itself.
- There are so many voices and opinions, it’s creating confusion and heightening anxiety.
- Mucinex believes in empowering consumers against sickness. The campaign encourages safe habits and point people to the experts. Every execution will drive to covid-19facts.com
Mattress specialist Tricots Maxime, one of the few survivors in the textile industry in Quebec, makes it’s first steps into the emergency manufacturing of personal protective equipment such as masks and gowns.
- The company aims to produce 20,000 masks per day.
- The production turnaround took place in just 16 days.
- Thanks to this new initiative, a third of the manufacturer’s 150 workers have been able to keep their jobs.
Pixmob creates the SafeWatch bracelet that encourages hand washing and “contributes to protecting your workforce by reducing the spread of viruses in your workspace and allowing a safer work environment.”
- 95 percent of people do not properly wash their hands long enough to kill infection-causing germs and bacteria.
- Only 33% of people use soap to wash their hands.
- A drop of ordinary soap diluted in water is sufficient to neutralize bacteria and viruses, including the coronavirus.
Pur Vodka, the first Vodka producer based in Quebec, decides to produce large formats of hand sanitizer to support the staff of essential service companies and manufacturers.
- New hand sanitizer recipe created in 48 hours
- First delivery of 4000 liters
- Essential services will be privileged
Bauer, a hockey equipment manufacturing company, has shifted its focus from equipment that serves players on the ice to materials such as masks and shields for medical professionals as the world fights the coronavirus pandemic.
- More than 100,000 units ordered in Canada already.
- Use of social channels to spread their message
- The entire design process took 4 days
Any customer who identifies as a front-line responder to the COVID-19 outbreak will receive a tall brewed Starbucks coffee (hot or iced) at no charge.
- Twice the amount of first responders in just 4 days.
- 30-day catastrophe pay for employee’s scheduled shifts.
- Waiving eligibility requirements for the company’s emergency financial aid.
Lightspeed is now reimbursing employees for up to $500 on the purchases they make from any Lightspeed customer, whether shopping online, ordering delivery or takeout.
- Up to $500 in local currency reimbursed.
- More than 80 #LightspeedLocal post on twitter & Instagram.
- Program available in 14 global offices.
WestJet & Air Canada
The two largest Canadian airlines are now waiving change fees for changes made more than 14 days before travel in light of concerns about the COVID-19.
Shaw Communications just opened “Go WiFi”, their WiFi network, to all Canadians during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Bell is temporarily removing data limits for home internet customers in an effort to support Canadians who isolate themselves at home to work.
- Extra 10 GB of domestic usage and a $10 credit on existing plans.
- Several channels are currently on free preview including news, entertainment, family and lifestyle channels.
- Waiving all pay-per-use roaming fees.
Ford is now offering a program giving customers who buy new vehicles the option to delay their first payment for 90 days to provide relief.
- More than $500,000 donated to nonprofit groups in southeast Michigan.
- Ford Fund is redirecting funds to support food programs for children no longer in school.
Canada’s Six Biggest Banks
Effective immediately, Bank of Montreal, CIBC, National Bank of Canada, RBC Royal Bank, Scotiabank and TD Bank will offer up to a six-month payment deferral for mortgages, and the opportunity for relief on other credit products.
Sobeys adopted special dedicated shopping hours for seniors and people with mobility issues during the Coronavirus pandemic.
- Introduced the Community Action Fund across the country, to help find local solutions for our communities’ most urgent needs.
- Created a COVID-19 tracker to be transparent with clients where they have been notified of cases in stores.
- Implemented drastic hygienic measures in 1,500 stores across Canada.
Want to take part?
Do not hesitate to contact us to share your findings. We are #StrongerTogether.
How can we
At district m, our priority is to support our clients the best we can. Our trading desk and design teams are doubling their efforts to be as proactive as necessary.
✓ Special conditions for PSA messaging
✓ Fast delivery of creative
✓ Campaigns live within 24 hours
Do not hesitate to contact us for help from our experts. Whether you need simple advice or wish to brainstorm your future digital strategies, we’re here for you.